The desire to get a sporty V-shaped silhouette of the figure makes men look for ways to expand the chest. Consider exercises aimed at increasing chest volume and gaining muscle mass.
Recommendations for men over 25 years old
Human bones increase in length up to 25 years. After that, the growth zones are closed, and the skeleton takes on its final dimensions.
Having overcome this age limit, it is useless to try to expand the chest by stimulating rib growth or stretching cartilaginous inserts.
Therefore, men over 25 years old who want to increase the girth of their chest, need to focus on building the pectoral muscles. The following exercises are best suited for this:
The training program should include strength exercises for the lower body and back:
Exercises for young athletes
It is better to engage in an increase in chest volume up to 20-25 years … During this period of life, a large amount of growth hormone and testosterone is produced in the male body. High hormonal levels in combination with specific exercises are ideal conditions for increasing bone and cartilage tissue. Let’s look at the effective elements that contribute to breast expansion.
The effectiveness of the exercise is based on the creation of hyperventilation of the lungs, which, with prolonged exposure to the body, allows you to gradually stretch the cartilaginous cuffs between the ribs and the sternum. Respiratory squats without weights do not create the required load, so the exercise uses a barbell.
In addition to hyperventilation, holding your breath at the end of the negative phase has a positive effect on chest expansion squat and early positive. Retention increases intra-abdominal pressure, which helps to stretch the pectoral cartilage.
The rest of the barbell breathing squat is a classic technique.
Consider the technique described in his book by Randall Strosssen – famous athlete and author of several well-known works on strength disciplines. The system is based on breathing squats:
- Warm up well: do 2 sets of 15 squats with an empty bar on your shoulders. Then warm up the joints of the legs with rotational movements.
- Set the barbell on racks (weight – 70-75% of your maximum).
- Remove the projectile from the stops and step back.
- As you inhale, start squatting, but after passing half the amplitude, hold your breath.
- Having descended to the lowest point, immediately begin to stand up. At the same time, exhale only in the upper phase of the lift.
- With your legs fully straightened, take three sharp inhales and exhales. This is the main feature of the chest expansion squat. After each rep, you need to do three in and out.
Strossen recommends a minimum of 3 sets of 20 reps. The technique allows not only to increase the volume of the breast, but also to build up muscles throughout the body.
The element is used to develop the pectoral muscles and the broadest musculature of the back. But thanks to the mechanics of movement, pullovers also help stretch the cartilage that connects the ribs and sternum. Consider the technique:
- Choose a dumbbell weight that will give you 20-25 reps (beginners can start at 8-10kg).
- Lie along the bench so that the top of your head is at the edge of the seat.
- Place your feet firmly on the floor.
- Squeeze the bar of the dumbbell between your palms and lift the projectile over your forehead.
- As you draw air into your lungs, gently pull the dumbbell behind your head.
- Having brought the projectile to the level of the bench, stop and, exhaling, return it to its starting position.
The technique allows for a slight bend in the elbow joints. The sternum should be tense during the approach, but the abdominal region should be relaxed as much as possible.
To expand the chest, you can perform lifts on the bar and bench presses. And to enhance the effect created by the main elements, we recommend using the Raider thrust. The exercise allows you to stretch the sternum at an unusual angle:
- Stand a meter away from the wall, bend over and press to the surface of the palm above the head (arms fully extended).
- Bend your back down, feel strong stretching of the chest.
- Relax the abdominal muscles.
- Stand like this for 1 minute.
The exercise should do 3-4 sets. While holding the rack, you can periodically rock the body downward to increase the payload.